Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Me Gusta Mexicano

I have no idea what that title actually translates to, but I'm hoping it's something along the lines of proclaiming my love of Mexican food.

Mayberry has a mexican restaurant. Well, technically there are two but in my opinion there is only one. It's called El Mexicano and I highly recommend the chicken chimichanga, fried ice cream, and their cheese sauce is ohhhh-emmm-gee GOOD!


You should try it. And tell them I sent ya.

Anywho, their food is great, and so is their service. For instance: today, my friend Megan and I patroness El Mexi for lunch (after all, where else can you eat for $6?). Our server today was Darrell, whom we love. He knows to bring out drinks in to go cups, as well as what drinks to fill those to go Cups with. His wife just has twins two weeks ago and they're adorable. We've seen the pictures. Until this moment I've never realized that might be a little odd, but I digress.

What I'm trying to say is that Mayberry's Mexican is unlike anybody else's.   They know you, they're friendly (especially on Tuesdays when domestics are a dollar), and in this small town when everybody knows everything, you can even catch some half-truths and possibly run into people you haven't seen in a while to catch up. 



So here's to my favorite Mexican restaurant.  The one where they know as soon as I walk in the door to bring me a Mt. Dew; they'll ask me how work is because they know I have a couple or three jobs;  and they know to put me in a booth, not a table.

Next time you're in Mayberry you should stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment