Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Monday, October 25, 2010

Wedding Weekend

This weekend was spent in wedding mode.

One of my best friends from college was tying the knot and I had the privilege of standing up with her at the altar, along with a couple of her other friends.  So Friday after work I made the two hour journey down to the city of my Alma mater and smiled when she and her betrothed said those words which would seal the deal and bring them together as one until the day they die.

It was a beautiful wedding, but more importantly, she was a BEAUTIFUL bride!!

Photo By Bethany Pitz Photography

Wow!  I couldn't take my eyes off of her.  And neither could anyone else.

The wedding went off without a hitch and everyone gathered after at the reception hall and enjoyed food and music with friends, new and old. There was dancing, eating, cake cutting, more dancing ("I was born to boogie" - name that song), bouquet and garter tosses, mingling with new people, hearing complements on the bridesmaids dresses, the flowers, the weather (which was marvelous!), and then there was that one wedding guest who made everyone feel a little uncomfortable.

Ok, so there wasn't a wedding guest like that, although most weddings do have one or two.

But the point I'm trying got make is that the entire weekend was more than anyone could ask.  But, most importantly, two people began their lives together and I was lucky enough to see firsthand the power of love.



Here's to my friends.  

May the Lord bless you with many, many years of happiness.

And a couple of kids, or five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment