Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Facts

Election day is a week away.

Candidates rally and tell everyone what they "stand" for, but just as soon as the words come out, their opponent shoots back, questioning everything from their voting record to their college experiences.

Who knows what to believe?

I tell ya what, it can be downright tricky to find out the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth this time of year.  But, I pride myself on telling it like it is.  Saying not what I think, but what is for sure 100% truth.  Here are a few.

1. I live in a small town.  Population 3,494.  But I think that's over-shooting it.  Maybe they included the cows?



2. The middle initial "S" in Harry Truman's name didn't stand for anything.  It comes from his parents trying to please both grandfathers, each of whom had a name that began with the letter.  Seriously, look it up.



3. That song I told you about over a month ago is number 10 on this week's Billboard country singles chart.  That CD is in my truck right now and for some reason I keep replaying track 11.



4. I managed to snap a photo of my best good friend and I over the weekend.  If I can get his permission I might post it later.  So here's my bouquet instead.



5. Mayberry is under a severe thunderstorm watch today.  I heard a rumble of thunder and thought my ears were playing tricks on me.  Rain was actually falling from the sky this morning and it was AMAZING!



6. I want one of these for Christmas.



7. The United States has consumed sweet tea since the 1800s, but it was green tea instead of black.  It wasn't until World War II that the US began using black tea for this tasty refreshment.


8. The first text message was sent in 1992 and said "Merry Christmas."  My last text was a second ago:

That's a smiley face.


9. Polar bears have one million hairs on every square inch of their body.  That's fifty times as much as humans.



And finally...

10. My neck of the woods is gorgeous this time of year.


Ok, that last one might be subjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment