Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Monday, October 11, 2010

As promised

Scenes from this year's parade through Mayberry.  Better late than never, right?

 

People begin to line the street at least an hour before the parade begins.  Lawn chairs are a necessity and the main intersection in town gets closed to all traffic.


To get it kicked off, the police make their way down Main Street.   I promise they're not looking for me.  And if they are, I was with you on Tuesday night from 9 until 11, ok?

Just kiddin'!  I have to keep you on your toes.


Here's one of the area priests in his fully restored '63 Impala hardtop.

Commandment # 10 says I'm not supposed to covet this.  The fact that it isn't a '64 Super Sport Convertible makes it easier.


And here's the football team!  They stopped right in front of the courthouse to stand up and sing the school song.  They're good kids like that.

But sadly, this is where my camera died and wouldn't come back to life.  It's been temperamental like that lately.  So that means no pictures of tractors and none of the delicious lemon shake up I drank during the parade, either. 

There's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment