Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sore.

I knew this would happen.

It was inevitable.  Predicted.  Expected.

Last night I figured that I wouldn't be able to move much today.  And I was right.

So why for the uncomfortable ache?

We got new office furniture at work and last night four of us were acting as movers.  I should have snapped pictures of the process, but my hands were kind of busy holding doors, carrying desks, scraping my hands, backing up a trailer and squashing my fingers.  You get the idea.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I better get along with my story.

My previous "desk" was about a foot and a half deep and maybe three feet wide.  Maybe.  There were no drawers, but there was a door and shelf that I couldn't use, so it might as well be called a table since it never served in any storage capacity.  And that "desk" was wobbly.  Oh boy was it wobbly. People still say "wobbly," right?  Good.

Anyway, This desk wasn't the most efficient thing in the world.  By the time I had my laptop on it and whatever papers I'd need, the desk surface was covered.  And the phone I answer wouldn't fit on it either, talk about annoying.  However, after a while, I became used to these working conditions.  They became the topic of jokes among my family and friends: "So, I was gonna get you a picture frame for your desk at work, then I realized I'd need to buy you a new desk just to use it."  "Are you going to decorate your desk for the 4th of July?  Oh, I forgot... If you put a little flag on there, you'd have to put your laptop on the floor."

See, my family is the best.

But now, I have a much bigger desk.  The new desk has room for a picture frame or two, a little flag and even 10 paper trays if I really wanted them, which I don't.  It's nice and sturdy - I haven't found a wobble yet.  There are five wonderfully handy drawers, and even a shelf down below that I'm doubling as a foot stool.  Short legs finally come in handy for me.

Next up is a picture frame.  I have no idea which one to use, either.  Should I use that gorgeous tree, my grandparents, the dog, my parents, or farm machinery?

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment