Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Parade Scenes. Circa 2007.

It's September! In Mayberry this month revolves around one word: CORN! We're harvesting it, eating it, shucking it, freezing it, canning it, creaming it and frying it. Heck, we even have a festival devoted to it every third weekend of September. This year's Corn Festival is coming up next weekend and I'm excited. I'll be in the lemon shake-up booth while everyone else enjoys the various events, but it'll be fun just the same.

I know you're brimming with anticipation to hear about how it goes so to tie you over, here are a few scenes from the parade a few years ago...


Mom and my sisters love seeing the different floats in the parade.


Like the high school wrestling team, who seems to go to State every year. Actually, I believe that the year this was taken they won state.


Then there's the football team, who wasn't doing so hot that year. But this year's team is ranked in the top 10 in the state right now for their class. Woo!


Popcorn, anyone?


My kid sister loves the parade. And she loves the candy various floats toss to the crowd.


I love the parade, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment