Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Will the Cirlce Be Unbroken

I love country music.

LOVE.

That's a word I don't say much.  Just ask my mother.  Or my sisters.  Or my brother.  Or my preacher.  Or my truck. Wait, don't ask my truck, because he hears it every day.

But country music is deep in my soul.  It's embedded into my brain as the default music genre and I'm perfectly fine with that, considering that I was kicking along to Patsy Cline in the womb. Then last year I got the opportunity to go to the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville to see the Patsy Cline tribute show with one of my best friends from college.


Yes, she was the awesome friend who trekked to Nashvegas with me, even though she isn't the biggest PC fan.  But we had fun, and saw some of my favorite sights.


Like the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.


The Ryman, of course.


And Tootsie's.  But I love all of Broadway and downtown.


What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that Nashville is the one city this girl from Mayberry wouldn't mind taking up residence.

Considering the feelings I have for this city, my heart broke earlier this year when I saw this on my tv:


But in every cloud there's a silver lining, and last night I saw it when the curtains came up and Little Jimmy Dickens and Brad Paisley strummed "Will the Circle Be Unbroken."  I got goosebumps.


Have I mentioned that I love country music?

No comments:

Post a Comment