Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Monday, September 13, 2010

"I Think We're Alone Now"

That song will always been special to me. I remember singing Tommy James & The Shondells ever since I was a kid and it was that song that my dad would turn up and sing to my mom.

Today would have been thier 35th wedding anniversary.


Besides the fact that Dad hated smiling for pictures, you get the idea. Sadly however, Daddy passed away just over a year ago. For their 34th anniversary we were all still in shock. People were still bringing by dinners and checking up on us, making this day last year ok. Not great, but a little more bearable.

Now here we are a year later.

If prayer is part of your life (and I hope it is), would you please say one for my mother? She is perhaps one of the 2 strongest women I know and today is sure to be rough for her. Thanks guys!

-Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment