Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hermit

Today was Monday. For the record, I've never really disliked Mondays but every now and then a Monday comes around that makes me realize why everyone else around me can't stand them.

Today was one of those Mondays.

Don't get me wrong, nothing horrendously awful or atrocious happened, but none the less I was off my game.

It started when I was getting ready for work and mixed up my eyeliner pencils when I didn't have my contacts in yet. Then at work I failed to differentiate between "good morning" and "good afternoon" every time the phone rang. And making the day complete were the numerous random blond moments that I have on an everyday basis, but multiplied by 9.

So what caused this? I have a theory.

This weekend I was a hermit. No Friday or Saturday night plans evolved and after church yesterday I came right home. My social skills need some exercise. One thing is for sure, this weekend I have to get out of Mayberry and find my way to a town with more than five stoplights. Or maybe I'll just find my way out on a backroad surrounded by half-harvested corn fields and pastures of cow manure.

No matter where I end up this week, I definitely will have to stop being a hermit and get outta this house. I can barely wait!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment