Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday's Gone

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song.

Have you ever wondered where on earth the time goes?

This morning, my alarm starts screaming at me at 5:03 and now here I am almost 17 hours later wondering what in the world I accomplished today.  There were no monumental tasks accomplished, no startling revelations made or even a really good joke told (wow, it was a lousy day!) yet this feeling of tiredness won't leave me alone. 

Wait, forget everything I just said: I failed to remember my hour of Pilates - that explains it all!


Moving on, I've compiled a list (because lists are fun) and have figured out the things I have completed in recent history that I am semi-proud of.

- My alternator went out on my truck, but have no fear because I double as a master mechanic every third Wednesday.  Ok, really I'm no mechanic at all.  Just a few sockets, a long handled flat head screwdriver, two wrenches and one fan belt later and voila... I took off my own alternator, took it to get repaired and stuck it back on Bubba Truck.  And if you're wondering, he's running like a champ.

- Speaking of Bubba Truck, he finally got a bath since Mayberry has had beautiful weather.  He stayed clean four and a half days! A RECORD!

- A few new recipes panned out quite nicely, including a variation of chocolate cupcakes, a cool twist on strawberry butter cream frosting (which was almost a catastrophe), and a cookie-like dessert that I haven't named yet.  Can you tell that I bake my feelings?  By the way, I have a lot of feelings.  That's both a blessing & a curse. 

- Did I mention I did Pilates?  Yes, I'm quite proud of that.  Now my abs hurt.  Rather, the abs under my belly flab hurt. 

- The carpet in my living room has been ripped up and discarded, thanks to the awesome strength and determination I (and my kid sister) have.  Now it's on to getting all those staples out of the floor from the carpet padding.

Yes, it's a short list, but one I'm proud of.  Maybe in the next few weeks I'll learn something really cool, like rewiring a house or designing computer software.

Oh, who am I kidding?!   I'll just mow the grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment