Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I tend to over-analyze stuff

Life is random.  Things can change, people can surprise you and sometimes you're left in a whirlwind, which isn't necessarily a bad thing - you just have to go with the flow.

In most aspects of my life, I'm easygoing and have no problem "rolling with it."  However, there are other areas where I panic. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off, which leads to being as clumsy as an elephant learning to tap dance, then standing in sheer horror like a deer in the headlights once I bust my bottom.  (I'll stop the animal analogies now.)

In times like these I turn to those closest to me, who I trust and can confide.

Well, the situation at hand involved a boy - go figure.  I'll spare you the details and just say that I'm a little nervous about the impending plans I may or may not have in the near to late future.  Did that make any sense?  Oh well.  So basically, I was talking to a my BGF and was almost freaking out on him as he was asking me about the specifics of this guy.  I expressed my concern in the fact that I haven't seen this guy in 5 years and he's been very, very persistent in seeing me sometime soon. 

BGF: Give him a chance, ya don't have to marry the guy.  I firmly believe in at least one chance.
Me: What if he hasn't changed any and still drinks? What if he realizes how much I've changed?  What if I fall out of his truck?  What if he wants to eat Chinese?  What if I snort when I laugh?
BGF: Oh geez, kid.  Relax.  If he hasn't changed, then drink one with him. If he realizes how much you've changed then oh well.  You didn't want to go out with him in the first place.  If you fall out of his truck, well if ya like him he better get used to you falling.  If he wants Chinese, try the orange chicken and if ya snort when you laugh, laugh harder.

That was exactly what I needed at that point in time: a laugh. Thank goodness for friends who know me well enough to know how to handle me during times of strife when my brain gets way ahead of itself. 

And for someone telling me to flat-out stop talking.

I need that from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment