Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Proof I'm losing my mind. As if you needed any more.

This afternoon, after seeing a truck like the one my brother drives pass by my work, I realized I hadn't talked to my dear older brother in a few days and decided to give him a call.  It went something like this:

"Hey, brother!"
"Hi, what's up?" (translation: "I'm at work, make it quick, what do you want?")
"Oh, I was just thinkin' that I haven't talked to you lately and just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you."
"Uh, I called you last night."
"What?"
"Yea, I talked to you last night.  On the phone." (translation: "I called you last night ya big dummy, now what in the world did you call me at work for?")
"Are you sure?"
"Yes..." (translation: "What drugs are you on?")
"Oh, well I was watching The Bachelor with Bex, so I don't remember talking to you."
"That's a lame excuse, Rachel." (translation: "Are you really that crazy?")
"Then disregard this phone call and I'll talk to you later.  When I'm not watching The Bachelor."
"Ok, bye." (translation: "Am I the only sane child in this family?")

And there ya have it.  Straight from the horses mouth.  I've officially lost my mind- what little I have left. 

Promise you won't call they psych ward?  Thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment