Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh, Brother!


This is Brother.

He's gonna kill me.

Because he hates his picture being displayed for the world to see.

But, I must say, that of all the pictures of us I have at my disposal, this one keeps me coming back as my top pick.

Why is this my favorite?

He's smiling - that never happens to such a serious person.  (Plus I'm kind of adorable with the clueless look on my face. Nothing has changed in that department.)

My big brother always meant the world to me when as we grew up.  How I wanted to be just like him!  He had all the answers to the problems of the world and he was just an all around fun guy.  Don't get me wrong, he still is, but growing up and becoming adults gets the best of every one of us.

When my kid sister was learning to talk, my older sister and I began calling him "Brother" to show this young, impressionable bundle of joy that he was "Brother" and we were "Sisters."  We've never called him Bubba, Bubby or any other names associated with the title.  It has always been "Brother."

People used to call him the "Station Wagon Farmer" in high school, because there was a period of time when he didn't a a truck and he actually hauled hay in and on top of the family station wagon.  True Story.

Now I'm really gonna die for bringing that subject up.

But Brother doesn't live in Mayberry anymore and he no longer drives the station wagon around, thank goodness.

He does however, have a big boy life, with a wife, two kids and a desk job.  And recently with his big boy job, he received a promotion. 

* APPLAUSE *

And that is what all this is about, because yesterday that promotion went into effect.

Way to go, Brother! I'm very proud of you and the wonderful man you've become.

And by the way, you have two adorable babies - they get it from their aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment