Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A year in pictures

The room is dark right now, and I'm medicated, so if something I should say doesn't make sense, it'd be great if you'd just flatter me and go with it.  Now that that's settled, I'll get down to business.

Ok, really there's no business to get down to.

I'm still sick and very bored since I've been sentenced to stay in bed.  For crying out loud, there's only so much solitaire a gal can take until she loses what's left of her mind.  I'd take pictures to show you, but who wants to see my messy room and all the kleenex, prescription drug bottles and pillows all piled up on my bed?

Wouldn't you rather see something fun and exciting?

Thought so, so here's what we'll do.  Let's replay this past year in pictures.

Would you like that?

Good.


Mayberry was blanketed with beautiful snow at the end of January.  This picture turned out to be one of my favorites and was actually taken while driving highway speed.


Here's a new country music artist, Josh Thompson in February at an old stomping ground of mine down in the city I went to college.  He had just signed with Columbia Records six months prior to this performance.  I'll say this, he puts on a great show!


We finally had a gorgeous day in March.  I took this opportunity to lay on my truck's hood and snap pictures of anything and everything.   Spring weather is some of the best weather, that's for sure!


April always means Easter, and what is Easter without photo ops with my sisters?  Exactly.

May was such a busy month it was hard to pick just one, but here is my 90 year old grandfather with his only great-grandson.  Who knows what the occasion was, the important thing is that this picture got snapped.


June - my favorite month!  This year, my mom, sisters and a family friend took a girls' trip to the East coast.  Charleston, South Carolina to be specific.  Here's a pretty cool view of the Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge.  It's the longest cable-stayed bridge in the Western Hemisphere.


For some reason, I didn't take many pictures in July, but there was one milestone - my truck rolled over 200,000 miles.  I'm so proud!


This is my college best friend and roommate.  She's from a small town like me and came to visit Mayberry in August.  As you can see, I took her on a scenic tour across the river.


September means family reunion, where all of my grandfather's siblings and their families get together for a Sunday afternoon of sweet potato chips, dozens of cookies, barbecue, horse shoes, pictures and a lot of laughs.


Here's that picture of my best good friend and myself that I told you I'd put up back in October.  See, I told you I'd get to it.


November - my sisters and I can't seem to take a good picture over Thanksgiving break.

And now we're in December.  What a year it has been!


Now, if you'll excuse me it's time for a nap.  Cough syrup with codeine has that impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment