Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sic 'em on a chicken

Are there any Zac Brown Band fans in the house?

Because I think they're the only ones who might understand the title of tonight's post.  But if you hang in there, you will, too.


Moving on....

I will attempt to summarize the last 3 days in fifty pictures or less.  Give or take a dozen or two.

FRIDAY NIGHT:


This is my sister.  Not biologically.  Not legally.  Not by marriage.  But we get each other.  That's all there is to it.
Her mother-in-law had a birthday shindig up at the barn Friday evening and I was able to partake in the celebration.  When I say celebration, I mean karaoke.

Lots of karaoke = Lots of fun.

But I had a sore throat by 11:30.


SATURDAY NIGHT:


Bonfire time!  A friend of mine had a few people over, an array of food, fireworks and some homemade wine.  Oh, and her fiance built a massive bonfire but some silly blonde (me) failed to snap a picture of it before the it was lit.  But the thing was easily 10 feet tall before it went up in flames.

Sadly, the late night Friday made this girl incredibly sleepy, so I was out just after the fireworks.


SUNDAY MORNING:

I'm driving to church, and what do I see?
A chicken.  On the main highway.  In town.

Now don't get me wrong, I grew up collecting eggs from my grandfather's hen house and see chickens plenty out on the county roads, but seeing them loose in town is definitely a rare experience.  And to be honest, I chuckled about this during our church service.

Speaking of which, church was extra-fun today.  Why?


'Cause we had church outside downtown.  Look at all those back row Baptists hiding in the shade!! 

But wait, there's more...


If you feed them, they will come.  Another Baptist philosophy.


SUNDAY AFTERNOON:

In a small town, you know everybody.  And when one of those people you know passes away, going to the funeral home is like going to Wal-Mart.  No, I'm not talking about spending more money than anticipated, I'm thinking more along the lines of never knowing exactly who you're going to see.  

Exhibit A:

 
Exhibit B: 

Yep, there's that chicken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment