Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Small Town Friday Night

If you've been reading this for a while, you know how I feel about high school football.


Well last week was my teams turn to take the field in pink since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  (Come to find out, it's Pastor Appreciation Month, too, but that's a completely different story.)


But for me, the most interesting part of a high school football game in Mayberry isn't what goes on when the ball snaps.  It's these guys up in the press box.  


Like most home games, I watched the game with some of the best play-by-play guys in the business.  Please forgive the photo from last season, it's my favorite.

These guys are pretty awesome.  But so is football.


And this is what halftime means to me - grabbing the guys food.  Lots of food.

Don't freak out, those "ribs" are ribeye sandwiches, not a slab of baby backs. But they're still delicious as ever!  

The only problem when it comes to food-fetching is that I never have enough hands to carry all of them.  And for future reference, when you spill a man's nachos, he gets kinda irritable, so carry carefully.  


And we find fun photo ops when we get a little sleepy during a time out.  That blue blur is Coach P (another play-by-player) trying to avoid the picture. Thankfully, Dave was more than happy to accommodate my shutter finger.


And after the game, everyone shakes hands in good sportsman-like fashion.  But next is my absolute favorite part....


The team walks to the home bleachers and sings the school song.  It gives me goosebumps every time...

Now please excuse me while I try to get the fight song out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment