Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sittin' by the Sea

Last week my family went on vacation, which was a much needed experience considering the events of the past year.

The East Coast was just what we needed. As I sat with my toes buried in the sand and the Atlantic before me, I couldn't help but reflect on my life. Am I where I want to be? Yes and no. Am I pleased with who I've become? For the most part. Where will I be a couple years from now? I have no idea.

When I thought about the later, my heart was erratic and my head full of crazy ideas about the things that might happen...

Sure, I conjured up some wonderful daydreams about my dream job in the heart of Music City, living on a couple acres with a westward facing front porch swing and a dog. Maybe I'll have some kids, or I could stay in this podunk town the rest of my life. But no matter where a certain daydream had me living, thoughts kept drifting to who I'd like to have those kids with. Will I ever tie that knot, or will it never be more than a slipknot on a lonely fence post? I can't tell you now. Maybe there is someone out there who God has in store for me who I haven't met yet, or perhaps I already know him. Then again, maybe my knot is best untied to see how high I can fly.

Whatever happens, happens. Right?

So if your mind should start dancing around all the "what if's" and hypothetical situations, take a seat by sea to clear your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment