Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Sunday, September 25, 2011

That time of year again

Remember about this time last year when I told you about this thing that goes down in my hometown?

Well... it's back!


Yes, the Corn Festival parade was alive and well this year!  And I had the great privilege of holding a microphone during the shindig alongside one of my mentors... the station manager of the local radio station.  He's like another dad to me, and he hates to draw attention to himself so I suppose I will.  JOHNNY R IS THE BEE'S KNEES!  You should listen to him sometime.  I recommend from 8 am to 10 am Monday through Friday.

There, I told you about the awesomeness that is my old boss.  He's gonna kill me now. 

Moving on....

 
Here, our county's high school marching band made their way downtown as the crowd sang along to the familiar tune of the school song.


Yes, that's a 1958 International Corn Picker. 


Sadly, I didn't get many pictures of the floats since I was kinda busy running my mouth for the duration of the parade.  However, this is the mass chaos which erupts once the last float has passed and the police cruiser signals the end of the line.

  
And of course at the end of the parade everyone wants to know which business, organization, church or community sports team had the best float.  The winner gets to flaunt this trophy until next year's Corn Festival parade and their name will be engraved with their respective year.

This year's winner was one of the local hardware stores whose float paid tribute to our county's bicentennial celebration.  

Too bad I was too busy talking to snap a picture for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment