Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Take me away to warmer weather....

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory


I have TONS of great memories, so picking just one was harder than originally anticipated.
But here goes the story behind this one:  It was two and a half years ago. 

Before college graduation...

Before I ever locked my keys in my truck...

And before I knew I'd have to say goodbye to one of my heroes sooner than I ever thought.

In the company of some of my favorite ladies, we were bound and determined to drive until the map turned blue and lose ourselves in blue water and white sand - and wouldn't you know it, but that's just what we did.  For an entire week, we laughed till we cried, we stuffed ourselves with the local cuisine and we burned our skin silly.  Well, scratch that last part, because only 4 of us burned ourselves silly.  You see, my older sister is "allergic to the sun."  Her words, not mine.

Basically, this was one of the best vacations I ever had - and I can't wait to do it again next year!  Now, please excuse me while I try and go squeeze into my bathing suit and handcuff myself to the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment