Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Bag

Wednesdays are always long days.  Once I get off work at 5, it’s time to head to church for three hours of children’s choir, Bible study and practicing for the praise band. 

Last night was no different.  When I made it back home, it was already quarter till nine.  Walking in the door,  I was tired, hungry, and very ready to get my uncomfortable, yet completely cute shoes off of my feet.  All these things left my mind straight away when I saw this sitting in a chair at the kitchen table.


I got excited.  Like a kid at Christmas.  I couldn’t make full sentences.  John Deere has that affect on me.  See?  Ohhh boy!   Immediately, I knew where the bag came from and who had bought its contents since my younger sister works at the local store.  Now…. What’s in there?

Without thinking, I drop my purse, hand off my computer bag to my kid sis and make a bee-line for the chair.  But she was already five thoughts ahead of me.  


“Don’t!” she screamed.

“What?”

“I know what you’re trying to do and you CAN’T look in that bag!”

My eyes welled up as I felt the lump in my throat form (Ok, that might be just for added dramatic effect).

“But… but…  I wanna see it.”  I tried my best to whimper, but to no avail.

“No, you can’t.  You’ll have to wait until Christmas.”

“That’s cruel.”


So now I’m stuck staring at a bag I’m not supposed to see.  Does my sister take this bag upstairs to hide in her closet?  No.  Does she go lock it up in her car’s trunk?  No.  Does she do anything with it at all?  How’d you guess?
It’s still sitting right where I found it – at the kitchen table.

The bag is taunting me.  Last night before I retired to bed I swear it looked me straight in the eyes and said “Nana, nana, boo, boo” with a shrill voice.  This morning while I was toasting a bagel it took a rude tone with me as we both sat motionless eating breakfast.  I saw the mockery in its eyes and felt its cold stare as I looked away, trying my best to not peek at its contents. 



This bag is rude. 

This bag is inconsiderate.

This bag is going to slowly kill me for the next month and a half. 


I think I’ll edit the picture of this bag until I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment