Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Refund

I never meant to be quiet for the past couple days, it just sort of happened.

The weekend has come and gone all too quickly, and I'm quite disappointed as to how a few things turned out.

It all began Friday afternoon at work when a single text message to an acquaintance turned into a conversation that left me baffled for the remainder of the day.  Oh who am I kidding, it still has my head spinning.  Then my boys in blue had a football game Friday night in a town 2 hours from Mayberry.  That game had me going!  BGF was able to meet me at the game, which was about the only good thing that happened, considering I also managed to wreck my sister's car within the first hour of my journey to the game.


Saturday should have turned out better considering it was the first day of my beloved deer season, but going to the football game didn't get me home until 1 am.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem but waking up at 4 am to go hunting wore me down.  And I didn't get a deer.  Then to top off the day was a big family debacle that boiled down to miscommunication.  Scratch that.  It wasn't miscommunication, it was no communication at all.  A few people in my family tree have that tendency.  For future reference, always okay any holiday plans with everyone involved before you tell a couple people to drive three hours on the wrong day.

You would think today would be better, but no such luck.  My mind has been boggled all day long between my family, the football game and that text message.  And getting into a heated discussion with one of my best friends last night didn't help anything, either.

So now I shall go to sleep with hopes that tomorrow will be better.  But after a weekend like this I guess it has to be. 

Did I mention that I want a refund for this past weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment