Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New People

We're still eating Thanksgiving leftovers around these parts.  Mainly because they were so plentiful and delicious, plus they're a good excuse not to cook.  But, one thing about Thanksgiving and my family, as I'm sure is true with most, is that you never know 1- who will show up or 2- what will be said. 

My family is known for being some interesting characters, especially whenever a new person is invited into the mix.  (Another reason I was thankful that I didn't have a "plus one" at any of this year's Thanksgiving festivities.)

There's my mother's brother, who isn't afraid or embarrassed to say a thing,  regardless of who is around.  My dear, sweet grandmother is a perfect lady and will never say a bad word about a soul.  Yours truly tends to insert a 9 wide in her mouth every time it opens, as I tend to accidentally let things slip out.  That filter between my mouth and brain is broken and I'm still waiting on the replacement part. My brother is more reserved and quiet but still you can see the wheels in his head turning, then my mother is incapable of whispering whenever a situation arises. 

Such a situation arose.


We knew they were coming and I hope they don't mind me posting their picture, but most of my family met my older sister's new beau for the first time over this extended weekend.

Nice guy.

He's tall, she is too.

He's a red head, she used to be redheaded.

He has piercing blue eyes, but she got our mother's brown ones.

So far, so good. 

Don't get me wrong, he had his fair share of interrogation, although I'm sure more will come at Christmas unless we scared him away.

So here's to hoping he can make it that long.  It's always fun to have new people at family functions!

No comments:

Post a Comment