Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mexican Food, Ice Cream, MarioKart

I'm happy to report that the world's mouse population is down by one.  I'd attach a photo, but some people might get grossed out seeing a dead mouse on their computer screen.


On an unrelated note, I played Wii last night. 

It was quite entertaining, seeing as how I was on cold medicine and getting quite loopy.  My little sister challenged me to a re-match on MarioKart after she and another friend of mine slaughtered me Saturday night. 

Saturday night was ugly.  I lost.  I sulked.  I was not happy.

You see, I'm a competitive person and losing (in any capacity, whether it be a board game or the Super Bowl) has never set well with me.  Thankfully, I was unable to snap pictures, since I was too busy coming in last in every single race. 

Here's how it went down:  My best good friend, my sister, my mother and I decided to go out for Mexican Saturday night. This was all good and great, except yours truly was getting all jacked up on Mt. Dew, my sister was having a little too much fun with her queso and chips, my BGF was being his silly self cracking jokes that had people at neighboring tables and our waiter laughing and my poor mother was laughing in between bites of her fajita. Our waiter was taking his dear sweet time getting our check, maybe because he didn't want us to leave?  Seriously, my BGF is that funny.  It's perfectly possible. 

So an hour and a half after walking in the door, we were finally stuffed full of food, laughter and memories.  As my mother and sister were getting the bill, BGF and I were headed to a local establishment to get everyone some ice cream, even though that was the last thing I needed after my chicken chimichanga and Mt. Dew supper.  Oh boy, was that GOOD! 

BGF and I were in the drive through and still laughing about a joke from dinner.  Those poor ice cream girls had to think we were nuts.  And what made it funnier - Mayberry is a small town and the girls making our sweet treats didn't think we were so crazy that they couldn't ask us how to make one of our ice cream concoctions because they didn't know what its ingredients were.  Then BGF and I were absolutely rolling in his truck.  As we pulled off he says "Did they just seriously ask YOU what went in that?"  The truck cab overflowed with laughter as we pulled onto the street.

Once back at my humble abode, after everyone devoured their given ice cream treats and laughed some more about various events of the previous two hours, my sister openly challenged BGF and I to a game of MarioKart on the Wii.  Considering myself a MarioKart expert (I have the Nintendo-64 and have it mastered) I gladly accepted her challenge.

That was my first mistake. 

My second mistake was not realizing the skill level of my two opponents.  Even telling you about this brings back the frightful events of the night.  The screaming at the television, the colors flashing on the screen as it told me I came in 12th (out of 12), the look on my sister's face as she knew she had me right where she wanted me.   

Back to last night - I was all giggly from that medicine and she thought she could pull a fast one on me again. 

I won. She lost.  The end. 

Maybe I should take cold medicine more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment