Follow rach_unscripted on Twitter

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pinching Pennies

For the most part, I'm a pretty routine person.  On most days, I go to work at the same time, grab a drink at the same store before work, eat lunch at the same place, and park in the same spot.

This morning was like any other Wednesday morning, but when I stopped at the gas station for my daily dose of caffeinated goodness, the clerk asked me if I wanted my change, which was "just two pennies."

Did she really just ask me that?  Um... yes, I'd like my change back.

All two pennies of it.


"Just two pennies."  Really?  I have a old whiskey bottle in my bedroom where all of those little buggers go and I'd like to have that thing filled up by next Christmas so I can finally figure out how much it takes to fill the bottle. How can I ever find out if I don't get my pennies back every day?  To me, a penny is a penny and 100 is a dollar - they really do add up.

If you feel differently, feel free to send me all your unwanted pennies and I'll give them a nice home where they can relax and socialize with their kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment